It provides a variety of various applications that are part of an office suite. Microsoft Office Suite is customized in accordance with the needs of various users. For instance, it comes with various applications designed for home use and office work, corporate use, school, Microsoft Office suite for Windows, Office suite for Mac and many more.
Typically, Mac users have multiple questions about the configuration and usage the features Microsoft Office Suite. To answer all your questions in this blog, I'm going to discuss everything you need to know about.
How To Setup And Use Microsoft Office Suite For Mac?
Microsoft Office suite for Mac was first released in 1998. It was dubbed Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition. It was released almost eight years after it first made available to Windows 95 in 1990. Microsoft Office Suite is available for Mac was later revamped in Microsoft's Macintosh Business Unit. It also introduced Internet Explorer 4.0 and Outlook Express.
It was Microsoft Office Suite launched for Mac comprised of MS Excell 98, MS Word 98 and MS Powerpoint 98.
When compared to MS Office suite for Windows and Mac There isn't much of a difference. After the introduction the release of Microsoft Office Suite for Mac Version 15.25 was released, it was only compatible with 64-bit programs and wasn't compatible with 32-bit Mac processors. The most current version for MS Office for Mac is 2016. It's available various platforms and can be designed to meet the different needs of users. However, it is advised to download the program exclusively from the official website of Microsoft.
The many customized suits can be used intended for:
- Student and home use: This does not include the main applications.
- Home and Business Use Home and Business Use: This includes Outlook together with the other essential applications.
- Standard: it includes Outlook and other core applications, but only via licensing channels.
The version for 2016 of Microsoft Office Suite for Mac is also available as element of Office 365. The different programs that are included in the suite available for Mac for various users include:
- Microsoft Office Suite 2016 for students and home use This suite comprises Excel, Word, Powerpoint and OneNote. It can only be used for one Mac at one time.
- Office 365 Personal: the software that are included in the suite include OneNote, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook and Online Storage. It can be used on more than one Mac
- Office 365 Home: this suite contains, Outlook, OneNote, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Online Storage. It is available to up to five Mac users.
How To Download Microsoft Office Suite for Mac?
The steps are easy and you shouldn't face any issues downloading it.
- Browse office.com/setup
- Log in using the credentials of your Microsoft account.If you're downloading any Microsoft applications in the very first instance and don't possess an account yet, then you may also create one.
- Go to the Home Page
- Select Install Office (
- Click"Install" "Install" option and your file will begin downloading.
How To Install Microsoft Office Suite for Mac?
The installation of Microsoft Office for Mac is just as easy to download it. If you're beginning your first installation of the program, you will need to start by following the setup procedure. I'm going to assume that when you purchased the Office Suite for Mac from the official site that you have bought or subscribed to it and have a valid product key.
To install Office, you have first redeem the Product key.
- Visit www.office.com/myaccount
- Log in using the account you have already created or a new one.
- Enter the product code for redemption.
Steps to Install Microsoft Office Suite for Mac:
- After downloading the file then go to Finder Single click on Downloads, and then double click to open Microsoft Office installer.pkg.
If you encounter an error message that says the file is not able to be opened, let it sit for 10 minutes. After that, move the downloaded file onto the desktop, and press Control +, then click the file to install the launcher.
- Choose "Continue" to start the process.
- Simply click "Continue" after reading the software's license.
- In the next window that pops up Select "Agree" to sign the software's license and agree to the terms.
- Then, select "Continue" after you have selected which method you'd like to use to install your office.
- Check that you have enough space on your disk for the installation. You can also change the location of installation and select "Install".
- You can also install just the apps you'd like to install instead of the whole suite.To do this, click the "Customize" button and then select the apps you wish to install.
- Then, you'll need to input your username and password.Input your Mac login credentials you use to log in to your Mac.
- The installation process begins.When the installation process is completed, select "Close"
How To Launch Microsoft Office Suite For Mac?
After installation, to start the application, be sure to follow the steps below:
- Select the Launchpad icon to show all of the available applications.
- Click on any from the MS Office applications in the launchpad.
- When you open any MS office program on your first attempt it will display you will see the "What's New" window will show up.
- Click the Get Started button and you're now ready to use the program.
These are the steps needed to setup and use Microsoft Office Suite for Mac.